Updated: Monday, December 12, 2022 at 1pm
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide from Monday, December 12 to Sunday, December 18, 2022.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston This Week: December 12 to 18, 2022
- 4th Annual Hometown Holidays & Trail of Lights at Silver Sycamore | Daily – The fourth edition of this holiday celebration on the beautiful, old west grounds of Silver Sycamore in Pasadena keeps lighting up the night with its signature trail of holiday displays, appearances by Santa Claus, live performances, market shopping and more. $23; $15 for ages 3 to 12; free for ages 2 and under. Times vary.
- Comedian Steve Byrne at Houston Improv | Thursday, December 15 to Saturday, December 17 – The established comedian known for making rounds at some of NYC’s most fabled comedy clubs, Steve Byrne brings his latest material to the Improv for four shows heading into the weekend. Tickets are sold by the table; $40 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- The Riot Comedy Club presents Michael Kosta at Rudyard’s | Friday, December 16 & Saturday, December 17 – A correspondent on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah and known for his hosting duties on the E! Network and other late night appearances, Michael Kosta heads upstairs at Rudyard’s for back-to-back nights of back-to-back shows. $20 and up. Times vary.
Monday, December 12, 2022
- Måneskin in Concert at 713 Music Hall – Maneskin, the Italian rock band phenomenon, are taking 713’s stage with tunes from their recent 2021 release, Teatro d’ira: Vol. I, and songs from their forthcoming album drop, Rush! $39 and up. 8pm.
Tuesday, December 13, 2022
- The Sopranos Trivia & Steak Night at Front Porch Pub | No Cover – Skip the gabagool on Tuesday night and head to Front Porch Pub in Midtown where you can get a nice 16-oz. steak, a stuffed potato, and the chance to wow everyone with your knowledge of the first family of the DiMeo crime syndicate. Free to play; $20 for the steak set-up. 5:30pm.
- The Art of Fashion: Model of the Year at Ciel Restaurant & Lounge – Snag your spot at the inaugural “Model of the Year” event, benefitting the Doll Foundation which provides aid and assistance to seniors and caregivers. $169. 6:30pm.
- Girls Night Out at the Shul of Bellaire – The Jewish Women’s Circle of Bellaire offers a night to enjoy a martini and make your own granite menorah to celebrate the season. This is the second of 7 programs designed to help women achieve self-mastery. $25. 7pm.
- Giant Rooks in Concert at House of Blues – Since experiencing a resurgence of popularity thanks to TikTok, the German lads from Giant Rooks have embarked on a North American tour that will see them bringing their viral cover, Tim’s Diner, to the H. $22.50 and up. 7pm.
- DaCamera Alumni Artists in Concert at the Menil Collection | FREE – Two past participants in DaCamera’s Young Artist program, Boson Mo and Yvonne Chen will be performing a concert in the main building featuring works by Sergei Prokofiev, John Corigliano, and Nicky Sohn. 7pm to 8pm.
Wednesday, December 14, 2022
Thursday, December 15, 2022
- Champagne & Candy Canes Market at Evelyn’s Park | No Cover – Get some local holiday shopping done with vendors like Shopaholic Sanctuary, Finditgirl, NandRcandles, and Cheese & Boards Co. along with $3 mimosas from Betsy’s at Evelyn’s Park in Bellaire. 10am to 7pm.
- ZaZa’s Tasting Series: Bubbles at Hotel ZaZa Museum District – Taste your way through a curated evening of worldly wines and spirits samplings accompanied by hors d’oeuvres and tasting notes at Hotel ZaZa in the Museum District. $75. 6pm to 8pm.
- Superspectra Opening Reception at Laura Rathe Fine Art | FREE – The fine arts gallery near Uptown presents its final exhibition of the year, featuring new and original works from more than 30 artists that each explore color, material and style in their own ways for an immersive exhibiting experience. Light refreshments will be provided and a number of the artists will be in attendance. On display through Thursday, January 12, 2023. 6pm to 9pm.
- Shaft Movie Screening at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston – MFAH pulls a rare 35mm print of the iconic ’70s film starring Richard Roundtree and directed by Gordon Parks. Houston ethnomusicologist and DJ, Flash Gordon Parks, will introduce the film and participate in a post-screening discussion with MFAH’s Jazz on Film guest programmer, Peter Lucas. $9. 7pm.
- Kameron Marlowe in Concert at Warehouse Live – The Nashville transplant, former The Voice contestant, and country singer Kameron Marlowe is touring his debut album, We Were Cowboys, and he’s bringing it through the dirty south to the Ballroom at Warehouse Live. $21.50. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Miami Heat at Toyota Center – Alperen Sengun looks to add a few more posters to the wall when he takes on Tomball’s very own Jimmy Butler and his Miami Heat. $20 and up. 7pm.
- Gremlins Movie Screening at Discovery Green | FREE – Catch a holiday classic when the Downtown park space hosts a screening of the 1984 comedy horror film, Gremlins, which follows small, destructive monsters that wreak havoc on a town on Christmas Eve. 7pm.
- Salsa Night at Post Houston | FREE to RSVP – Heat up this December night with some tasty bevs and Latin style dance lessons courtesy of Love Dance HTX, along with a mix-and-mingle social dancing to follow. 7:30pm to 9pm.
Friday, December 16, 2022
- Max’s Sweet 16 Party at Max’s Wine Dive – Celebrate a special Sweet 16 with pregame brunch specials starting at 11am, followed by tastings at 6pm, and a spectacular birthday wine dinner to follow, featuring its award-winning fried chicken, deviled eggs, oyster nachos and private label wines. Dinner is $65. 11am to 10pm.
- Christmas In the Square featuring Monarch Chamber Players at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – The wind quintet is accompanied by percussion for a night of Tchaikovsky’s beloved Nutcracker suite, performed alongside a video projection of the ballet as part of Sugar Land Town Square’s Christmas in the Square series. 6pm to 7:30pm.
- Holiday Karaoke & Sing Alongs at City Place | FREE – In Spring, the shopping and dining destination hosts another holiday event, this time offering you the chance to grab the mic and belt out your favorite Christmas carols and seasonal classics. 6pm to 8pm.
- Victor Internet, Ariel & The Culture, Estéreomance in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Come out to the Heights for a dancing extravaganza with Ariel & the Culture and Victor Internet, and support from Estéreomance. $18. 8pm.
- Daniel & Andrew’s Christmas Comedy Spectacular at the Secret Group – Houston comedy vets Daniel Van Kirk and Andrew Youngblood are throwing a Comedy Spectacular and toy drive for the kids. The night will feature special guest comedians along with live music by the one and only Kam Franklin of the Suffers. $10 and up. 8pm.
- Wild Child in Concert at the Heights Theater – The Austin-based indie pop ensemble brings tunes from their forthcoming album, including the recent release, “Wearing Blue.” $18 and up. 8pm.
- All A’s Asian American Appreciation Comedy Show at Rec Room Arts – Local comics Peng Dang, Son Tran, Connor Carter, Victor Tran and more are supplying the hilarity in what is sure to be an epic start to your weekend. $15 and up. 8pm.
- Serve! Legends Only Drag Show at Warehouse Live – You betta werk your way over to East Downtown as legends of the drag world—Monét X Change, Symone, Willam, and Queen of the Universe’s Aria B Cassadine—converge with Houston’s own drag icons Blackberri, ONDI, Luna of the Lilies, Norvina DuBois, and Adriana LaRue for a night filled with eleganza. $55 and up. 8pm.
- Josh Turner in Concert at Arena Theatre– The chart-topping country gospel singer finds his way to the Southwest Houston stage for an evening of songs, including from his latest, 2021’s King Size Manger. $39.50 and up. 8:30pm.
- Trinity the Tuck Live at ReBar – All hail as the queen, Ru Paul’s Drag Race All Stars champion, and “the body” herself, Trinity the Tuck, performs live at the Serve! Legends Only after party. $20 and up. 10:30pm.
Saturday, December 17, 2022
- Rock the Dock Holiday Party at Kemah Boardwalk | No Cover – Get that ugly Christmas sweater out of the closet and head to the Kemah Boardwalk for an entire day of festivities including live music, an ugly sweater contest, and more. Noon to 10pm.
- Santa Claus Visits at Southern Star Brewery | No Cover – Get a picture with the big man in red, share a few brews and get a bite from one of the delicious on-site food trucks while listening to live music from the Homebrewed Brass Ensemble. Noon to 10pm.
- Martin Burniston’s Christmas Singalong at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – A holiday tradition, the singer and musician Martin Burniston performs his 30th annual singalong in Upper Kirby with a kid’s show in the afternoon, and an adults show to follow in the evening. $30 and up. 1pm and 7pm.
- HoliDaze Market at Railway Heights Market | No Cover – Shop from more than 40 vendors, vibe to sounds from DJ Konen, and take in live dancing and freestyle performances, great food and drinks at this last-call, green-friendly holiday market at Railway Heights. No cover, but other ticket levels with goodies bags start at $25. 4pm to 9pm.
- Tianna Hall in Concert at Discovery Green | FREE – The Houston jazz vocalist, Tianna Hall performs alongside the Flea by Night market, crooning with tunes from the ’30s to Sinatra-era swing and more. 6pm to 10pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trailblazers at Toyota Center – Dame Dolla and his Trailblazers are making a quick stop in the Clutch City to pay our young Rockets team a visit. $20 and up. 7pm.
- The Tejano Jingle Jam at Arena Theatre – Gather for a holiday evening concert that celebrates Tejano culture with performances by Solido, Jay Perez, La Sombra de Tony Guerrero and Stefani Montiel, with appearances by Frankie J and Lisa Marie Golden. $30 and up. 8pm.
- Numbers Christmas Party at Numbers Nightclub – Head to the iconic Montrose nightclub for the annual Christmas party, featuring a gigantic prize giveaway headlines by a Samsung 65″ 4K TV, a Classic Numbers Night Lifetime Pass, $500 in El Tiempo gift cards, and more. Cover charge at the door. 9pm to 2am.
- DJ Pauly D at Clé Houston – The iconic fella with the hair is a long way from Jersey Shore and will be performing a lit DJ set on the third coast. $30. 10pm to 2am.
Sunday, December 18, 2022
- 2022 World Cup Final Watch Party at Social Beer Garden | No Cover – After a full month of more than 60 games, the World Cup Final arrives at one of Houston’s headquarters for the Beautiful Game. Take to the Midtown’s indoor and outdoor spaces for games on the big screen and on 20 TVs throughout, plus enjoy drink specials and more festivities. 9am.
- Houston Texans vs. Kansas City Chiefs at NRG Stadium – The No. 1 team in the NFL is in the building, marching toward the Super Bowl and the Texans are just hoping everyone has fun. $82 and up. Noon.
- It’s an Elvis Christmas with Vince King at Haak Vineyards & Winery – Celebrate the holidays with a special tribute concert to the King in the scenic grounds of Haak Winery when Vince King brings his signature take on Elvis Presley. Advance tickets are $12. 5pm to 8pm.
- Chris Isaak in Concert at House of Blues – The effortless baritone singer-songwriter, actor, and eternal heartthrob is back on tour celebrating his first release in just over seven years, Everybody Knows It’s Christmas. $35 and up. 7pm.
- Comedian Nemr at Houston Improv – The Lebanese American comic follows up his successful Love Isn’t the Answer global tour with another brand new show, Dropping Hot, which brings him through the Spring Branch comedy club for a one-night only event. Tickets are sold by the table; $60 for 2, and up. 7:30pm.