Get ready to up your Halloween game, because it’s time to master the art of realistic fake blood!
The secret to elevating any haunted house, zombie costume, or spooky party lies in the authenticity of your fake blood. And whether you want to gross out Halloween partygoers with edible crimson delights or turn your costume into a blood-soaked masterpiece that won’t leave a lasting mark, our easy DIY guide will enable you to whip up both edible and washable fake blood that’s eerily convincing. What’s more, you’ll be amazed at how simple it is to create lifelike gore that’s safe for all your Halloween shenanigans.
Here’s how to make realistic, washable, edible fake blood for Halloween in a few easy steps.
Watch the video above to learn how to make realistic fake blood for Halloween.
How to make realistic edible fake blood
- Corn syrup
- Red food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- Cocoa powder or chocolate syrup
Halloween Pumpkin Carving: Choosing a Pumpkin
- Start with corn syrup for a realistic blood viscosity and thickness.
- Add a few drops of red food coloring and continue until you achieve the desired deep red color.
- To achieve a true blood hue, add a few drops of blue food coloring for a deeper, more realistic tone.
- To enhance both color and texture, incorporate a small amount of cocoa powder or chocolate syrup.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly until well combined.
Halloween Pumpkin Carving: Preserving
How to make realistic washable fake blood
- Clear laundry detergent
- Red washable finger paint (found in the craft section)
- Blue washable finger paint
- Corn starch
- Begin with clear laundry detergent to create a realistic blood viscosity and thickness.
- Mix in red washable finger paint, which you can typically find in the craft section.
- Introduce a touch of blue washable finger paint to achieve a more authentic hue.
- For a realistic consistency, add cornstarch to the mixture.
- This washable fake blood is ideal for costumes and stage sets, allowing for easy cleanup.
Reviewed-approved kitchen and cooking recommendations
Purchases you make through our links may earn us and our publishing partners a commission.
Reviewed helps you find the best stuff and get the most out of what you already own. Our team of kitchen and cooking experts are always testing new kitchen tools, appliances and more so you can shop for the best of the best.